SPOKANE, Wash. — Roman Johnson won his preliminary heat and the overall Men's 60m dash, Emilia Sjostrand placed first in the Women's Triple Jump and Jeremiah Walker won the Men's 200m to lead San José State in a strong showing for its season opening meet at the Spokane Indoor Invitational.
- Eve Divinity placed third in the Long Jump posting a distance of 5.62m
- Lina Schubert took second place in the High Jump with a height of 1.71m. She also placed second in her 60mH preliminary round but was unable to qualify for the final race.
- Alyssa Bean took third in her 60m qualifying race with a time of 7.80 but was unable to move on to the next round
- In the Triple Jump, Sjostrand and Victoria Agyin placed first and second respectively. Sjostrand posted a distance of 12.66m while Agyin followed closely behind with a jump of 12.30m
- Bean, Kaylen Fletcher, Sarah Mosteller and Aliyah Williams placed second in the 4x400 Relay with a time of 3:49.58
- Johnson won his 60m preliminary round race with a time of 6.71 and then won the event outright with a time of 6.68
- Walker won the 200m race with a time of 21.49
- Bryson Smith placed third in the Weight Throw with a distance of 18.02m
- Jacob Lopez took third in Shot Put with a distance of 15.99m. Smith also set a PR in the Shot Put with a distance of 14.94m, but only finished sixth with the effort
- Ajamu Reed and Cameron Tarver placed second and third in the Long Jump with distances of 7.18m and 7.00m respectively
- Demaris Waters placed second in the 60mH preliminary round but was unable to capitalize, placing seventh in the final bout
Next Up: SJSU will travel to Annapolis, Md. for the Wesley A. Brown Invitational on Jan. 20