LAS VEGAS – The San José State Spartans (3-22, 1-13 MW) took on No. 23 UNLV (15-2, 15-0 MW) to start a two-game road trip on Thursday as Nailea Nicholas recorded her first double-double of the season with a career-high 15 points and 13 rebounds in a 77-60 loss.
- The Spartans came out swinging to start the game, going 2-for-3 from behind the arc and only trailed the Lady Rebels by four points
- UNLV made their run in the second quarter and continued it to get the win
- Nicholas' 15 points and 13 rebounds are both career highs in her time at San José State, going 2-for-3 from behind the arc and 6-for-9 from the field with five offensive rebounds
- Jada Holland had three steals to extend her streak to 23 games, and she also scored six points, pulled down six rebounds and had six assists
- Amhyia Moreland finished with 10 points and five boards
- The Spartans were able to out-score the Lady Rebels 25-23 in the third quarter, and tie them 17-17 in the final period
UP NEXT: The Spartans will finish the road trip at New Mexico on Saturday. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. PT.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.