ALBUQUERQUE, NM – Ellie Boni scored her San José State best eight points as the women's basketball team (3-24, 1-14 MW) closed out its two-game road trip on Saturday with a 70-61 loss to New Mexico (17-11, 9-6 MW)
- After trailing 14-4 in the first quarter, the Spartans went on a 10-0 run to tie the game behind five points from Aarion Nichols
- The Lobos took an eight-point lead into the break, but the Spartans came out strong in the second half, going on a 9-0 run to tie the game with under five minutes to go in the period
- The Spartans held a 51-50 lead with under a minute to go, but a pair of New Mexico free throws gave the Lobos a one-point lead heading into the final quarter
- The Spartans kept it within reach, but late buckets from the Lobos secured the win
- Jada Holland led the Spartans with 10 points off the bench
- Nailea Nicholas finished the contest with nine points and seven rebounds
- Amhyia Moreland and Sabrina Ma each matched Boni with eight points
- Holland extended her steal streak to 24 games with three steals in the contest
UP NEXT: The Spartans return home for two games, starting with Boise State on Thursday. Tip-off from the Provident Credit Union Event Center is scheduled for 6 p.m.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.