MIKE FANELLI RESULTS | STANFORD INVITE RESULTS
SAN JOSE, Calif.— Emilia Sjostrand took second place in the Women's Triple Jump against elite competition to lead San José State through its third meet in three days. Most of the Spartans spent the day in Palo Alto, Calif. at the Stanford Invitational, but the distance team finished its third of three days at the Mike Fanelli Track Classic in San Francisco.
- The Triple Jump mark that netted Sjostrand second place at the Stanford Invitational of 13.40m (43'11.75") is also the third-best mark in school history. She was also the highest-finishing collegiate athlete, as first place finisher Thelma Fuentes was at the meet representing Guatemala
- Christopher Malone and Michael Chadwick placed first and second respectively in their preliminary heat of the Men's 400m at the Mike Fanelli Track Classic and placed 24th and 32nd overall. Malone ran a 51.57 second mark while Chadwick's time was 52.31 seconds
- Men's 4x100m Relay teammates Roman Johnson, Cameron Tarver, Christopher Coats and Jeremiah Walker submitted the third-fastest mark for the event on SJSU's season, coming in at 40.87 seconds. They finished fifth at the Stanford Invitational
- Victoria Agyin's mark in the Women's Triple Jump of 12.25m (40'2.25") earned her the No. 5 spot in the all-time school records list
- Anabel Foster's Women's Hammer Throw mark of 37.45m (122'10") is good for the fifth-best all-time school record
UP NEXT: The Spartans will move on to the Brutus Hamilton Invitational on April 8, hosted by Cal.