| San José State (27-24, 18-11 Mountain West) vs.  Fresno State (29-25, 16-14 Mountain West)|
|When||Thursday, May 25 | 6 p.m.|
|Location||Fresno, Calif. | Pete Beiden Field at Bob Bennett Stadium|
|Watch||Mountain West Network|
|Radio||90.5 FM KSJS|
|Potential Starting Pitchers||RHP Jonathan Clark (3-4, 4.58 ERA) vs. RHP Ixan Henderson (4-3, 3.32 ERA)|
FRESNO, Calif.—The No. 1 seed San José State baseball team is in Fresno, Calif. this week for the Mountain West Championship. They will open the competition with a showdown against No. 4 seed Fresno State on Thursday, May 25 at 6 p.m. at Pete Beiden Field at Bob Bennett Stadium.
- The Spartans swept Nevada in the final series of the regular season and won the Mountain West regular season title
- The Spartans had superb pitching in all three games:
- Right-handed pitcher Jonathan Clark started on Thursday and tossed 7.0 scoreless innings, allowing only two hits while striking out a season-high nine. He was named the Mountain West Pitcher of the Week on Monday, May 22.
- Left-handed pitcher Micky Thompson got the start on Friday and went 7.0 innings as well, giving up only one run on four hits while striking out six.
- RHP Aaron Eden opened Saturday's game with 5.0 innings, surrendering only one run on four hits.
- Theo Hardy led the Spartans offensively over the three games, going 5-for-12 with a double and two RBIs while scoring three runs.
WHERE THE SPARTANS RANK IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST
- The Spartans rank fourth in the Mountain West Conference in batting average (.276) and second in opposing batting average (.267).
- Thompson is sixth in the conference in ERA at 4.42 and Clark is seventh at 4.58.
- Clark is fourth in strikeouts with 74.
- Three Spartans rank in the top 10 in batting average: Charles McAdoo is fifth at .335, Hardy is ninth at .330 and Hunter Dorraugh is 10th at .323.
- McAdoo, Dorraugh and Jack Colette are all tied for seventh in doubles with 17 each.
- Matt Spear is second in the conference in caught stealing with 19.
- Colette is tied for the conference lead in triples with five and Hardy is tied for sixth with four.
- Dalton Bowling is tied for seventh in home runs with 10 and is ninth in RBIs with 45.
- Dorraugh is fifth in walks with 32, Hardy is sixth with 31 and McAdoo is tied for seventh with 29.
- Colette and Jeriah Lewis are tied for fifth in stolen bases with nine each.
- Dorraugh, Hardy and McAdoo rank fourth, seventh and ninth in on-base percentage with respective OBP's of .443, .427 and .413.
- Six Spartans have received weekly honors: Jonathan Clark (May 22), Jack White (May 8), Jack Colette (April 10), Charles McAdoo (April 3), Robert Hamchuk (March 13) and Hunter Dorraugh (Feb. 20).
VS. FRESNO STATE
- The No. 4 seed Fresno State Bulldogs went 29-25 this season and 16-14 in the Mountain West.
- The Bulldogs enter the Mountain West Championship having not played against a Mountain West team since they swept UNLV May 12-14.
- The Spartans went 4-2 against the Bulldogs during the regular season.
- Colette and Dorraugh each hit over .400 against the Bulldogs this season, with Colette going 9-for-20 with 15 total bases and Dorraugh hitting 10-for-23 with 19 total bases.
- Clark registered an ERA of 2.03 in two starts against the Bulldogs while White led the Spartans out of the bullpen by pitching 5.0 scoreless innings over two games.
- The Spartans are 93-170 in series all-time against the Bulldogs.
UP NEXT: If the Spartans win, they will play on Friday, May 26 at 6 p.m. versus the winner of No. 2 seed San Diego State and No. 3 seed Air Force. If they lose, they will play on Friday at 1:30 p.m. against the loser of the San Diego State versus Air Force showdown. Head here for more information on the championship.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.