BOX SCORE (PDF)
FRESNO, Calif.—Robert Hamchuk, Hunter Dorraugh, Matt Spear and James Shimashita all hit home runs to lead the No. 1 seed San José State baseball team (28-24, 18-11 MW) in a 13-2 win over No. 4 seed Fresno State (29-26, 16-14 MW) on Thursday night in the Spartans' opening game in the Mountain West Championship.
- Right-handed pitcher Jonathan Clark earned the win as he tossed 5.1 innings, allowing only two runs on six hits while striking out four.
- Left-handed pitcher Jack White threw 2.2 innings of scoreless relief with all eight of his outs being strikeouts.
- Spear's home run was a three-run shot in the eighth inning which ended the game as the Spartans won via run rule.
- Dorraugh hit his 23rd career home run which ties him with Robert Berns (1996-97) for the third-most home runs in Spartans history.
- Dorraugh and Dalton Bowling each led the Spartans with three hits.
- Hamchuk, Dorraugh, Bowling, Spear and Shimashita all had multiple RBIs.