SAN JOSE, Calif.—The San José State baseball team will play in the NCAA Stanford Regional at Stanford, Calif. June 2-5, announced by the NCAA during its tournament selection show on ESPN2 Monday morning. The No. 4 seed Spartans will open the Regional against No. 8 in the country and No. 1 seed Stanford on Friday, June 2 at 2 p.m. from Klein Field at Sunken Diamond. You can watch the game on ESPN+ or purchase tickets using this link. The first 200 San José State students that show a valid Tower ID Card at the Sunken Diamond Box Office can claim a free ticket courtesy of Spartan Athletics.
- In addition to Stanford, the Spartans will be joined in the Stanford Regional by No. 2 seed Texas A&M and No. 3 seed Cal State Fullerton.
- This is the first appearance at an NCAA Regional for the Spartans since 2002.
- The Spartans qualified for the NCAA Regionals by winning their first ever Mountain West Championship.
- The Spartans had an incredibly successful season, not only winning the Mountain West Championship but also clinching the Mountain West regular season title.
- Head coach Brad Sanfilippo was named the Mountain West Coach of the Year and a conference-leading six Spartans received All-Mountain West accolades.
- If the Spartans win the Stanford Regional, they will head to the NCAA Super Regionals for the first time since 2000 which was the year they also qualified for the College World Series.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.