| San José State (31-25, 18-11 Mountain West) at  Stanford (38-16, 23-7 Pac-12)|
|When||Friday, June 2 | 2 p.m.|
|Location||Stanford, Calif. | Klein Field at Sunken Diamond|
|Radio||90.5 FM KSJS|
|SJSU Student Tickets||First 200 Students Can Claim a FREE Ticket at the Box Office 90 Minutes Prior to First Pitch (With Valid ID)|
|General Public Tickets||Tickets|
|SJSU Tailgate||Tailgate Info|
|Rosters||San Jose State | Stanford|
|Game Notes||San Jose State | Stanford|
|Potential Starting Pitchers||RHP Jonathan Clark (4-4, 4.50 ERA) vs. LHP Quinn Mathews (7-4, 3.87 ERA)|
STANFORD, Calif.—The No. 4 seed San José State baseball team is in Stanford, Calif. for the NCAA Stanford Regional June 2-5. The Spartans will open the Regional with a showdown against No. 8 in the country and No. 1 seed Stanford on Friday, June 2 at 2 p.m. at Klein Field at Sunken Diamond. The No. 2 seed Texas A&M and No. 3 seed Cal State Fullerton round out the Regional field. The Spartans will be making their first appearance at an NCAA Regional since 2002 after qualifying by winning their first-ever Mountain West Championship.
2023 Mountain West Champions
- The Spartans won the Mountain West regular-season title and the Mountain West Championship.
- The Spartans finished the Mountain West regular season with a conference record of 18-11 and clinched the No. 1 seed in the Mountain West Championship.
- In the Mountain West Championship, the Spartans went 4-1 and defeated Air Force in back-to-back games in the championship round, avenging their defeat to the Falcons in the 2022 Mountain West Championship Game.
- Robert Hamchuk was named the Championship MVP. In five games, he hit 11-for-22 (.500), scored six runs, hit three doubles and two home runs and drove in seven RBIs.
- Hamchuk, Dalton Bowling, Hunter Dorraugh, Matt Spear and LHP Jack White made the Championship All-Tournament Team.
- White led the Championship with a 0.00 ERA, 13 strikeouts and two saves in 5.1 IP.
Chasing Spartan History
- With 25 career home runs, Dorraugh is one home run away from tying the all-time record for career home runs by a Spartan set by Shane Timmons (2015-18).
- Bowling and Charles McAdoo are tied for fifth all-time with 21 home runs each.
- For his career, Jack Colette ranks eighth in games played (204), ninth in runs scored (124), eighth in doubles (41), fifth in triples (11) and fourth in walks (94).
- McAdoo has hit the sixth most doubles with 43.
- RHP Darren Jansen is seventh in career appearances with 70 and eighth in saves with eight.
- RHP Jonathan Clark is eighth in strikeouts with 236.
Mountain West Individual Success
- A conference-leading six Spartans made All-Mountain West teams. Theo Hardy, McAdoo and White garnered first-team honors while Colette, Dorraugh and LHP Micky Thompson earned second-team recognition.
- Head Coach Brad Sanfilippo was named the Mountain West Coach of the Year.
- Six Spartans received weekly Mountain West accolades for player/pitcher of the week: Jonathan Clark (May 22), Jack White (May 8), Jack Colette (April 10), Charles McAdoo (April 3), Robert Hamchuk (March 13) and Hunter Dorraugh (Feb. 20).
No. 1 Seed Stanford
- The Stanford Cardinal earned the No. 8 seed in the country for the NCAA Regionals after compiling a 38-16 overall record and a 23-7 record in Pac-12 conference play.
- The Cardinal fell in the semifinals of the Pac-12 Tournament with losses to Oregon and Arizona.
- The Spartans are 40-107 all-time against the Cardinal, dating back to the first time the two programs faced each other, in 1959.
- The Spartans have not played the Cardinal since May 11, 2021 when Stanford narrowly defeated SJSU, 8-7. Stanford was ranked No. 10 in the country at the time.
- McAdoo and James Shimashita each registered home runs in the contest.
- Stanford was the host the last time the Spartans made an NCAA Regional, in 2002.
No. 2 Seed Texas A&M
- The Texas A&M Aggies have an overall record of 36-25 and finished 14-16 in SEC conference play.
- The Aggies lost in the SEC Championship to the No. 6 team in the country, Vanderbilt.
- The Spartans and Aggies have never played each other.
No. 3 Seed Cal State Fullerton
- The Cal State Fullerton Titans enter the Regional with a record of 31-22 and a conference record of 20-10 in the Big West.
- The Titans qualified for the Regional after finishing second in the Big West. The conference champion UC San Diego Tritons are ineligible for the postseason due to the NCAA's transition rule.
- The Spartans are 14-31 all-time against the Titans.
- The two sides last matched up on March 30, 2022, in a 6-5 win for the Titans.
- Shimashita led the Spartans in the game with two hits, including a triple, as well as a walk.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will either play at 12 p.m. or 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 3, depending on how they fare against Stanford. If the Spartans win over Stanford, they will play at 6 p.m. against the winner of Cal State Fullerton versus Texas A&M. If the Spartans fall, they will play at 12 p.m against the loser of Cal State Fullerton and Texas A&M.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.