SAN JOSE, Calif.—Kyah Coady, who for the past three seasons played for Telstar in the Eredivisie in the Netherlands, is joining the San José State women's soccer team for 2023. Originally from San Marcos, Calif, the wingback is the newest member of a Spartans' squad looking to repeat as Mountain West regular season and tournament champions.
Kyah Coady / Wingback / San Marcos, Calif. / Telstar (Eredivisie) / Classical Academy High School/San Marcos High School
- Played three seasons in the Eredivisie in the Netherlands
- 2022-23 for Telstar
- 2020-21, 2021-22 for Aikmaar
- Named the Young Player to Watch and the Playmaker to Watch while at Aikmaar
- Debuted in the Eredivisie at 17 years old
- Was a four-time ECNL national champion
- Participated at the Youth National ID Camp
- Took part in the Olympic Development Program in Northern California
- Named to the All-American team and Junior US squad for rugby in high school
- Served as team captain and won MVP four years in a row in rugby in high school with highest scoring honors
- Why she chose SJSU: "I'm so excited to continue my journey as a student-athlete at San Jose State University. Everything from the culture of the campus to the culture of the team and staff embodied who I am and what goals I have set for myself. I know this environment will allow me to develop, learn, and grow into the woman and the athlete I envisioned myself being as a little girl."
- Head Coach Tina Estrada: "I'm excited to welcome Kyah into our Spartan family. After an incredible youth career, she made a bold decision to forgo collegiate soccer to play as an amateur professional in the Netherlands. Her playing experience will elevate our program and I'm very excited to start working with her this Fall."
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.