BOX SCORE (PDF) | HIGHLIGHTS
STANFORD, Calif.—Dalton Bowling recorded two hits and right-handed pitcher Joey Cammarata tossed 1.1 scoreless innings of relief to lead the No. 4 seed San José State baseball team (31-26, 18-11 MW) in a 13-2 loss to No. 8 in the country and No. 1 seed Stanford (39-16, 23-7 Pac-12) in the Spartans' first game at the NCAA Stanford Regional.
- Bowling went 2-for-4 with a single and a double, improving his average on the season to .300.
- Cammarata did not allow any hits.
- Charles McAdoo and James Shimashita each went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Jack Colette collected two RBIs, producing a two-out single in the top of the third inning.
- This was the Spartans' first game at an NCAA Regional since 2002. They qualified after winning their first-ever Mountain West Championship.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will play at 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 3 against either Cal State Fullerton or Texas A&M. Purchase tickets here or watch on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.