BOX SCORE (PDF) | HIGHLIGHTS
STANFORD, Calif.—Charles McAdoo hit two solo home runs to lead the No. 4 seed San José State baseball team (31-27, 18-11 Mountain West) in a 9-5 loss to No. 3 seed Cal State Fullerton (32-23, 20-10 Big West) on Saturday afternoon at the NCAA Stanford Regional. Three other Spartans, Dalton Bowling, Jack Colette and Robert Hamchuk, also recorded solo home runs at Stanford's Klein Field at Sunken Diamond.
- The Spartans hit five home runs in a game for the first time in over a decade and four or more home runs in a game for the third time this season.
- Colette reached base safely in three of his four plate appearances, going 1-for-2 with a couple of walks.
- Left-handed pitcher Micky Thompson tossed 1.1 innings of scoreless relief.
- McAdoo became the first Spartan this season to hit two home runs in a game, accomplishing the feat for the third time in his career. In the 2022 season, the Spartans' second baseman hit two home runs in a game on two separate occasions, against UNLV on March 26 and San Diego State on April 8.
- Bowling's home run was his 12th of 2023. He hit the eighth most home runs in a single season by a Spartan in history.
UP NEXT: With the loss, the Spartans are eliminated from the NCAA Regionals, ending their 2023 season. The Spartans had an incredibly successful 2023 campaign, winning the Mountain West regular-season title and the Mountain West Championship and qualifying for their first NCAA Regional since 2002.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.