TAMPA, Fla. - San José State's Tre Jenkins and Justin Lockhart were named to the Shrine Bowl 1000 list, announced by the organization on Monday. The players are NFL draft eligible and could be chosen to compete in the 2024 East-West Shrine Bowl.
The East-West Shrine Bowl is the longest-running college all-star football game in the nation. An important part of America’s football tradition, the event gives top college players a chance to showcase their talents to NFL scouts and a national television audience. Last season, Villiami Fehoko and Nehemiah Shelton both played in the all-star game.
The 2024 game will be played at the Ford Center at the Dallas Cowboys headquarters in Frisco, Texas on Feb. 1, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. (PT) on NFL Network.
Tre Jenkins, S, Graduate Student, Stockton, Calif./St. Mary's HS
- Second Team Preseason Athlon Sports All-Mountain West Defense (2023)
- Third Team Phil Steele's 2023 Preseason Mountain West Team
- NFF Hampshire Honor Society (2023)
- All-Mountain West Honorable Mention Selection (2021, 22)
- Campbell Trophy Semifinalist (2022)
- Finished season with 60 tackles, career-high seven tackles for loss and tied a career-high with two interceptions
- Led team with nine tackles and one QBH vs. Hawai'i (11/26)
Justin Lockhart, WR, Senior, Los Angeles, Calif./Serra HS
- First Team Phil Steele's 2023 Preseason Mountain West Team
- First Team Preseason Athlon Sports All-Mountain West Offense (2023)
- All-Mountain West Honorable Mention Selection (2022)
- Caught two passes for 12 yards and a touchdown vs Eastern Michigan in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (12/20)
- Finished season with 36 catches for 578 yards and one touchdown
The Spartans open training camp on campus and open to the public on July 26. Mountain West media days begin on July 19 at Circa Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nev.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.