BOX SCORE (PDF)
LA JOLLA, Calif. - Angel Iniguez had a goal and an assist to lead the San José State men's soccer team (1-0-1, 0-0-0 WAC) in a 2-1 victory at UC San Diego (0-2-0, 0-0-0 Big West) on Saturday night.
- Gaku Nishimura produced the first two assists of his career as he helped set up both Spartan goals.
- Josh Redfield scored the first goal of his career.
- Iniguez led the Spartans with two shots on target.
- Beau Leroux had a match-high five shots.
- UC San Diego's Asa Gibson was issued a second yellow card in the 55th minute when the match was tied 1-1.
- Eight yellow cards were given in the match with the Spartans receiving five and UC San Diego collecting three.
- For Iniguez, it was his second multi-point match of his career. He earned a goal and an assist in a 2-0 victory over Pacific on Sept. 22, 2022.
- The sophomore midfielder has been involved in all three Spartans' goals this season, scoring once and collecting two assists.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will play their home opener at the Spartan Soccer Complex on Thursday, Aug. 31 against the University of San Francisco. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. on WAC International. Click here to purchase tickets.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.