BOX SCORE (PDF)
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Bella Flocchini and Taylor Phillips each scored a pair of goals to lead the San José State women's soccer team (2-3-2, 0-0-0 Mountain West) in a 4-0 win over Southern Utah (0-4-4, 0-0-0 WAC) on Sunday afternoon.
- In addition to her goal, Flocchini also had an assist as she registered five points for the match. The five points is a single-match career high for the junior forward.
- For both Flocchini and Phillips, it was their first time scoring two goals in a match.
- Karina Barkmeyer, Cynthia Flores, Iliana Jasso and Kennedy Mayo each had an assist.
- For both Barkmeyer and Jasso, the assists were their first career points.
- Shayla Sugai made five saves in her first appearance of the 2023 season.
- For Sugai, it was the first solo shutout of her career.
- Carly Burns, Evan House and Kiana Miyazato each played all 90 minutes.
- Four goals is the most the Spartans scored in a match since they won 4-1 over Colorado State on Oct. 16, 2016.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.