SAN JOSE, Calif. – Kairee Robinson finished with 124 yards and two touchdowns on the ground to lead San José State (1-2, 0-0 MW) in a 59-3 win over Cal Poly (1-1, 0-0 Big Sky) from CEFCU Stadium Saturday afternoon.
- Robinson's 124 yards is his fourth career 100-yard game. He also tied his career high with two touchdowns, including a 32-yard score in the third quarter.
- Quali Conley scored twice on the ground with 60 yards. His two touchdowns are the first since joining the Spartans.
- The Spartans' 267 rushing yards are the most since December 5, 2020 against Hawai'i when they ran for 288 yards.
- This is the first time with at least five rushing touchdowns since September 9, 2016 against Portland State.
- Chevan Cordeiro threw for 205 yards on 15-for-21 passing and two scores. He also ran for 22 yards and scored his first rushing touchdown of the season in the second quarter.
- Cordeiro is now 27 passing yards shy of 10,000 for his career.
- The senior quarterback is two passing touchdowns shy of being sixth in Mountain West history.
- The Spartans forced three turnovers in the first quarter, first with a fumble forced by Jaylan Lawson, recovered by Jalen Bainer on the opening kickoff.
- Bainer also recovered an onside kick.
- Tre Smith forced a fumble on a strip sack that was recovered by Jordan Pollard and has 3.5 sacks on the season.
- Chase Williams secured his first interception of the season for the third turnover in the quarter.
- This is the first game with three takeaways since November 19, 2022 against Utah State.
- Matthew Coleman returned a punt for a 75-yard score. This was the first punt return for a touchdown since Tre Jenkins did it against Utah State on November 10, 2018.
- That was also the first punt return for a touchdown against Cal Poly since October 29, 2016.
- Sam Olson scored his first touchdown of the season in the first quarter on a 27-yard pass from Cordeiro.
- Charles Ross scored the second reception touchdown of the game in the second quarter with a highlight catch from 24 yards out. The redshirt-junior receiver finished the game with 39 yards on two catches.
- Malikhi Miller matched Ross with a team-high 39 yards receiving.
- Nine different San José State receivers had at least one catch in the win.
- Natano Woods recorded his first-career sack.
- The last Spartan 50-point win was on September 3, 1988 when they took down New Mexico State 51-0.
- The 59 points are the most points scored for the Spartans since September 9, 2016 when they scored 66 points against Portland State.
- The 56-point margin of victory is the largest in the modern era for the Spartans. It was the most for the Spartans since 1949 when they beat the University of Mexico, 103-0.
- This is the most points scored under head coach Brent Brennan. The Spartans scored 50 points in a win over UNLV on October 27, 2018 in San Jose. That was also the last time the Spartans scored 50 points in a game.
- The Spartans are 7-1 in their last eight home games.
- The game went into a 45-minute lightning delay with 13 minutes left in the first half.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will go on the road to take on Toledo on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. (PT) and it can be watched on ESPN+ and heard on KTRB.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.