COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.—San José State outside hitter Nayeli Ti’a has been named the Mountain West Freshman of the Week for her performances at the Campbell Invitational last week.
Nayeli Ti’a, OH, FR, Livermore, Calif./Granada HS
- Averaged 3.55 kills, 3.45 digs, 0.55 aces, 0.45 assists and 4.18 points per as the Spartans went 2-1 at the Campbell Invitational
- Recorded her second double-double of the season in a 3-1 win over Campbell with 16 kills and a season-best 18 digs in the win
- Hit .371 in the match with her 16 kills in 35 attempts and only three errors and added three aces, three assists and a block
- Hit a season-best .385 in the loss to Georgia Southern with 14 kills on 26 attempts and only four errors and added nine digs and two assists
- Contributed nine kills, three aces and 11 digs in the 3-1 win over UTSA
- One of two Spartans named to the Campbell Invitational All-Tournament Team
- Second Spartan to receive this honor after Teya Nguyen was honored last week
UP NEXT – San José State plays four non-conference matches in the Bay Area this week. The team plays at Saint Mary’s on Tuesday, followed by three matches at the USF Challenge in San Francisco. The team plays host USF on Thursday, CSUN on Friday and UTRGV on Saturday.