SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.—Letizia Cammillucci and Blaire Fleming combined for 32 kills, but the San José State volleyball team fell at San Francisco, 3-1, Thursday evening in the team’s first match of the USF Challenge inside the War Memorial at the Sobrato Center.
- Cammillucci had a season-high 16 kills and hit .314 in the match. She also had seven digs, an ace and one block.
- Fleming added 16 kills, her ninth match of the season with double-digit kills. She also had five digs and two blocks.
- The Spartans won the second set 25-23.
- Brooke Slusser led the team with 21 assists, while Teya Nguyes had 17 assists.
- Alessia Buffagni had a team-best 12 digs.
- Jiana Lawson, Nayeli Ti’a and Fleming each had two blocks.
San Francisco 3, San José State 1 (25-21, 23-25, 26-24, 25-16).
Records – San José State 7-4; San Francisco 4-6.
UP NEXT – The Spartans play at the USF Challenge on Friday with a match against CSU at 3 p.m. It is the second meeting of the season between the two teams as SJSU won the earlier meeting, 3-2, at Spartan Gym.