SAN JOSE, Calif. - Gaku Nishimura scored two penalty-kick goals to lead the San José State men's soccer team (2-2-3, 0-0-0 WAC) in a 3-1 win over Santa Clara (1-5-1, 0-0-0 WCC) on Sunday night.
- The two goals were Nishimura's first two goals of his career.
- Angel Iniguez also scored as he tallied his team-leading third goal of the season.
- Anthony Guzman and Riccardo Scarafia earned the assists on Iniguez's goal.
- For Guzman, the assist was his third of the season which moves him into a tie with Iniguez for most on the team.
- Scarafia earned a point in back-to-back matches for the first time in his career as the sophomore from Italy scored the equalizer in the Spartans' 1-1 draw at Pacific on Wednesday.
- Nishimura led the Spartans with four shots, three of which were on goal.
- Seven Spartans played all 90 minutes.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will battle Sacramento State in the state capital on Friday, Sept. 22 on ESPN+. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.