SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Blaire Fleming hit .321 on Saturday and led the Spartans with 14 kills to lead the San José State to a sweep of Cal State Fullerton, 3-0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-21) in the team’s final match of the Hornet Invitational Saturday morning.
- Fleming recorded double-digit kills for the third consecutive match and fifth time this season.
- She added six digs and a block in the win.
- Jiana Lawson hit a season-high .643 in the match with 9 kills on 14 attempts and no errors.
- Lawson also led the team with four blocks.
- Fleming and Lawson were named to the all-tournament team.
- For the second consecutive match, the Spartans served tough with a season-high 9 aces.
- Brooke Slusser and Letizia Cammillucci each had three service aces to lead the team.
- Alessia Buffagni had a team-best 15 digs in the victory.
San José State 3, Cal State Fullerton 0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-21).
Records – San José State 4-2; CSF 0-6.
UP NEXT – The Spartans travel across the country for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dunn Campbell Invitational. The team plays host Campbell and Georgia Southern on Friday the 8th, and UTSA on Saturday the 9th.