HOKKAIDO, Japan – The San José State men's golf season gets underway this week, starting things off abroad in Japan to compete in the Pan-Pacific Collegiate Championship, starting this evening at 5:15 pacific time, 9:15 a.m. on Wednesday in Japan.
- The Spartans will compete in a field of 12 teams from different countries such as Japan, Thailand, China and Taiwan.
- The Spartan's lineup in Japan consists of Caleb Shetler, Kris Stiles, Zubair Firdaus, Carl Corpus and Avinash Iyer.
- Shetler is looking to improve upon a season where he qualified individually for the NCAA Morgan Hill Regional.
- The Spartans will follow the tournament in Japan with the 2023 Washington Husky Invitational on September 18-19.
- SJSU competes in two tournaments to round out their fall schedule, first at the Alister MacKenzie Invitational in Fairfax, Calif., on October 9-10, followed by the Hawai'i Ka'anapali Classic Collegiate Invitational in Ka’anapali, Hawaii, on Octover 26-28.
- The Spartans will have six scheduled tournaments in the winter/spring semester, starting with the Southwestern Intercollegiate, hosted by Pepperdine on January 29-31.
- The Spartans will return to Hawai'i on Feb. 8-10 to compete in the Amer Ari Invitational, hosted by Hawai'i-Hilo.
- The team has back-to-back tournaments in the month of March in Oregon, starting with the Bandon Dunes Championship hosted by the University of Idaho on March 10-12, followed by the Oregon Duck Invitational on March 25-26.
- They close out the month of March with The Goodwin, hosted by Stanford on March 28-30 before returning home for the 77th annual Western Intercollegiate presented by Titleist at Pasatiempo on April 15-17.
- The Spartans will then begin postseason play with the Mountain West Championship on April 24-26.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.