LAS VEGAS - San José State alumnus Vijay Srinivasan qualified for the 2023 Shriners Children's Open on Monday after placing in the top four in his qualifier in Las Vegas.
- Srinivasan shot a 64 (-7) to take the final qualifying spot at Spanish Trail Country Club.
- He was bogey-free and made five birdies and an eagle to earn his first career TOUR start.
- Srinivasan started his collegiate golf career at San José State in the 2017-18 season.
- His best collegiate finish was a tie for 11th at the 2021 Wolf Pack Classic.
- The Shriners Children's Open was established in 1983 and is held at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas.
- This tournament's mission is to help children all around the world who are in need of specialized medical care.
- The Shriners Children's Open will begin Thursday Oct. 12th and conclude on Sunday Oct. 15th.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.