USAFA, Colo.—Nayeli Ti’a and Brooke Bryant each had nine kills for the Spartans Saturday afternoon as the San José State volleyball team fell at Air Force, 3-0, in a Mountain West match at Cadet East Gym.
- Ti’a hit .389 on the day, taking only 18 swings for her nine kills and only two errors. She also had two digs and two blocks.
- Bryant hit .304 for the match with her nine kills on 23 attempts and only two errors.
- Jiana Lawson added seven kills and hit .417 for the match. She led the team with three blocks.
- Letizia Cammillucci recorded six kills, five digs and a block for SJSU.
- Setter Brooke Slusser had 22 assists and six digs in the match.
- Laurel Barsocchini was the team’s libero for the third set. She recorded three digs.
- She got her first collegiate kill in the third set as her dig went over the net and fell in for a kill and point for the Spartans.
UP NEXT – The Spartans continue on the road with matches at Fresno State on Thursday the 26th at 6 p.m. and at Nevada next Saturday the 28th at 1 p.m.
Air Force def. San José State 3-0 (25-21, 25-14, 25-22).
Records – San José State 11-12, 2-8; Air Force 13-8, 5-5.