FRESNO, Calif.—Nayeli Ti’a, Brooke Slusser and Teya Nguyen all recorded double-doubles and Slusser’s service ace gave the San José State volleyball team a 3-2 win at Fresno State in a Mountain West match inside the Save Mart Center.
- Ti’a had her fourth double-double of the year with 17 kills and 10 digs. She also had four blocks (two solo and two assists) and a team-high three aces in the win.
- Slusser had her fourth double-double in a Spartan uniform with 26 kills and 10 digs. She added five kills, two aces and two blocks.
- Her final serve of the match was the service ace that gave SJSU the 15-13 win in the fifth set.
- Nguyen recorded her second double-double of the season with 11 assists and 12 digs.
- Jiana Lawson led the team with eight blocks, three solo and five assists, her fifth match this season with eight or more blocks.
- Lawson added four kills, two digs and a service ace.
- Laurel Barsocchini started at libero for the Spartans and recorded 21 digs, six assists and a service ace.
- Brooke Bryant had 10 kills, three digs and three blocks for the Spartans.
- Elle Patterson had season-bests of four digs and two kills and added an ace in four sets played.
- Selin Ozdemir came off the bench and added two skills and a dig in four sets played.
- The Spartans were without senior Letizia Cammillucci after she was injured in the second set. Prior to that, she had recorded five kills and five digs in the match.
- San José State out blocked Fresno State, 13-8, including a season-best six solo blocks. It was the seventh match this season that SJSU recorded double-digit blocks.
- The Spartans won the first two sets, 25-22, 25-21.
- In the fifth set, the Spartans scored five in a row to take a 12-9 lead before eventually winning 15-13.
- The Spartans won for the sixth consecutive time over Fresno State and improved to 57-35 in the overall series.
- The win stopped a six-match losing streak and gave SJSU its first win in October.
UP NEXT – The Spartans travel up CA-99 and Interstate 80 to Reno to face Nevada on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. inside the Virginia Street Gym. Fans can watch on the Mountain West Network or MW App.
San José State def. Fresno State 3-2 (25-22, 25-21, 16-25, 20-25, 15-13)
Records – San José State 12-12, 3-8; Fresno State 13-10, 7-5