SAN JOSE, Calif. - San José State is adding a home game against Stanford on Nov. 30, 2024 to their 2024 non-conference football schedule, announced by Director of Athletics Jeff Konya on Wednesday. The Spartans previously scheduled home game against Stanford in 2025 is now on the road and the Bill Walsh Legacy Game series will now have six future meetings including three at CEFCU Stadium.
"We are excited to extend the Bill Walsh Legacy Game series to six games over the next dozen seasons," said Konya. "We look forward to hosting the Stanford Cardinal on Thanksgiving weekend next year and providing a highly competitive football series to the Bay Area."
This will be the first time the Spartans have had seven home games since the 2006 season and the Spartans previous non-conference home game in 2024 against Jacksonville State will no longer be played.
Bill Walsh Legacy Game Dates
- Nov. 30, 2024 at CEFCU Stadium
- Sept. 13, 2025 at Stanford
- Nov. 21, 2026 at CEFCU Stadium
- Nov. 25, 2028 at Stanford
- Sept. 2, 2034 at Stanford
- Sept. 1, 2035 at CEFCU Stadium
2024 Non-Conference Football Schedule
- Aug. 31 vs. Sac State (CEFCU Stadium)
- Sept. 14 vs. Kennesaw State (CEFCU Stadium)
- Sept. 21 at Washington State
- Nov. 30 vs. Stanford (CEFCU Stadium)
Stanford - Pac-12 (ACC Starting in 2024)
- The Bill Walsh Legacy Game was last played in 2013
- An ACC team has never played at CEFCU Stadium against the Spartans and this will be only the second meeting against an ACC school
- SJSU has beat their Bay Area rival 14 times
- There have been 67 meetings overall
- The Spartans beat Stanford on Sept. 9, 2006 in front of the third largest crowd in CEFCU Stadium history
NEXT GAME: The Spartans host Fresno State on Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network and heard on KTRB.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.