SAN JOSE, Calif. - Tibet Görener registered a career-high 26 points to lead the San José State men's basketball team (2-0, 0-0 MW) in a 117-72 win over Bethesda (0-4) on Thursday night at the Provident Credit Union Event Center.
- The Spartans had six double-figure scorers as in addition to Görener, Latrell Davis, Alvaro Cardenas, Trey Anderson, MJ Amey Jr. and William Humer all produced more than 10 points.
- The Spartans had at least five players in double figures for the first time since February 4, 2023 when they defeated Wyoming, 84-64.
- Görener was efficient from the field, shooting 11-for-15 overall and 4-for-5 from three-point range.
- Cardenas nearly had a double-double as he led the Spartans with eight assists, producing his highest assist output since he had nine against Fresno State on January 10, 2023.
- Adrame Diongue brought down a career-high 11 rebounds.
- Leading by only nine at halftime, the Spartans went on an 8-0 run to jump-start their second half. They ended up outscoring Bethesda 61-25 in the second frame.
- The Spartans scored 100 points in a game for the first time since January 8, 2022 when they put up 118 points, also against Bethesda.
- All 12 Spartans who entered the game scored at least one basket.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will play at Texas Tech on Sunday, November 12 at 1 p.m. CT/11 a.m. PT. Watch the contest on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.