SAN JOSE, Calif. – The San José State women's basketball team (1-1, 0-0 MW) plays its final game of a three-game homestand to open the season on Saturday when they host Cal Poly (1-1, 0-0 Big West) at 12 p.m..
- The Spartans are coming off their first win of the season with an 81-65 victory over Bellarmine on Thursday.
- The Spartans' 81 points in the win are the most points scored since January 22, 2020 when they scored 89 in a win over New Mexico.
- Marisa Davis-Jones is leading the team in scoring through two games at 12.5 points per game after scoring a team-high 17 points on Thursday.
- Jyah LoVett scored 10 points on Thursday, and the freshman is averaging 11.5 points per game through the first two games of her career.
- Jasmine Singleton dished out a career-high six assists in the win over the Knights.
- The Spartan defense is holding opponents to just 33.6-percent shooting from the field.
- They are also forcing 19 turnovers per game and snagging 11 steals per game as a team.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.