SAN JOSE, Calif. – Amhyia Moreland scored a career-high 15 points on Saturday when San Josè State (2-1, 0-0 MW) defeated Cal Poly (1-2, 0-0 Big West) 61-56 for its second-straight win to close out the three-game homestand.
- Moreland went 6-of-10 from the field and 3-for-3 from the free throw line to lead the Spartans with 15 points.
- She also pulled down a team-high seven rebounds, five of which came off the offensive glass.
- Sabrina Ma knocked down three 3-pointers and scored 11 points in the win.
- Maya Anderson scored eight points with a pair of 3-pointers, and Marisa Davis-Jones matched her with eight points of her own.
- Jasmine Singleton was a force on the defensive side of the ball, snagging a career-high six steals while also dishing out four assists on the offensive end.
- The Spartan defense forced the Mustangs to turn the ball over 30 times in the game and scored 23 points off of those turnovers.
UP NEXT: The Spartans go on the road for the first time this season on Tuesday when they take on Montana State. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. PT and can be watched live on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.