BOX SCORE (PDF)
LUBBOCK, Texas - Alvaro Cardenas scored 14 points and dished out four assists to lead the San José men's basketball team (2-1, 0-0 MW) in a 56-42 loss to the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0, 0-0 Big 12) on Sunday afternoon.
- For most of the contest, it was a back-and-forth affair as there were 19 lead changes.
- The Spartans trailed by only one at halftime and were leading by two with seven minutes remaining.
- The Spartans' perimeter defense was superb, holding the Red Raiders to 18.7 percent from three-point range (3-for-16).
- Adrame Diongue led the Spartans inside by pulling down six rebounds and registering two blocks.
- As a team, the Spartans had seven blocks while Texas Tech had only two.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will head to the U.S. Virgin Islands for Paradise Jam which begins with a showdown against Abilene Christian at 12:15 pm PT on Friday, November 17. Every game of the tournament, which runs from November 17-20, can be viewed on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.