BOZEMAN, Mont. – Jyah LoVett scored a career-high 16 points to lead San José State (2-2, 0-0 MW) against Montana State (1-2, 0-0 Big Sky) as they fell 62-49 in their first road game of the season on Tuesday night.
- Sabrina Ma knocked down three 3-pointers to finish with 11 points.
- Finau Tonga finished with a season-high 10 points.
- Maya Anderson got her first-career start and made two shots from behind the arc to finish with six points.
- Amhyia Moreland led the way on the glass for the Spartans, pulling down a game-high eight rebounds to tie a career high and also had two blocks.
- The Spartans did well protecting the ball, only turning it over 13 times after averaging just over 22 turnovers per game coming into the game.
- The Spartan defense continued their strong run, forcing 17 Montana State turnovers.
- Jasmine Singleton led the way defensively with three steals.
- The game was back and forth from the start with a total of 14 lead changes.
- The Spartans led for a total of 19:05.
UP NEXT: The Spartans are off until Sunday when they continue their road trip to take on Loyola Marymount. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m., and the game can be watched live on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.