SAN JOSE, Calif.—Seniors Letizia Cammillucci, Lauren Conroy, Jiana Lawson and Yazmin Pitpit all contributed to their Senior Night win as the San José State volleyball team ended the 2023 season with a 3-1 victory over San Diego State Thursday night inside Spartan Gym.
- Lawson led the Spartans in blocking with four, one solo and three assists and added seven kills in the win
- She finished the season with 114 block assists, the seventh-best single-season total in school history.
- She also had 139 blocks during the year, tying Cristin Rossman for the fifth-highest total at San José State.
- Pitpit had a season-best seven kills and hit .353 for the match. She had a season-high five digs to go with three block assists.
- Cammillucci led the team with three service aces and added five kills, seven digs and two blocks.
- Conroy played back row for every set and recorded three digs.
- Blaire Fleming recorded her first double-double of the season with 14 kills and 11 digs.
- Alessia Buffagni led the Spartans with 15 digs, while Brooke Slusser added 28 assists and eight digs.
- The Spartans finished the season with 258 blocks, the sixth-most in a season in school history.
- San José State finishes the 2023 season with a 13-18 overall record and 4-14 Mountain West mark.
San José State def. San Diego State 3-1 (25-15, 22-25, 27-25, 25-22).
Records – San Diego State 9-19, 4-13; San José State 13-18, 4-14.