BOX SCORE (PDF)
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - Myron (MJ) Amey Jr. scored 21 points and dished out a career-high five assists to lead the San José State men's basketball team (2-2, 0-0 MW) in a 77-71 defeat to Abilene Christian (2-2, 0-0 WAC) in the quarterfinals of Paradise Jam.
- The Spartans got off to a blistering start, shooting 56.7 percent from the field in the opening half and taking a 10-point lead into the halftime break.
- For the game, Amey shot 9-for-17 overall and connected on three 3-pointers, producing more than 20 points for the fifth time in his career.
- Tibet Görener was second on the team in scoring, with 15 points and tied Amey with a team-high three 3-pointers. He is now fifth in SJSU history for most 3-pointers attempted with 356 and is two successful attempts away from tying Jason Allen and James Kinney for ninth for most 3-pointers made. Both Allen and Kinney knocked down 120 shots from deep in their Spartan careers.
- Alvaro Cardenas was the third Spartan in double figures, finishing the contest with 12 points to go along with five assists. He has produced at least four assists in all four games this season.
- Adrame Diongue and William Humer led the Spartans with nine and eight rebounds respectively.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will play Norfolk State in the consolation bracket on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 4:15 p.m. AT/12:15 p.m. CT. Norfolk State lost to Fordham, 77-64, in the first quarterfinal game of the tournament. Watch the contest on ESPN+.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.