SAN JOSE, Calif. – The San José State women's basketball team (0-1, 0-0 MW) prepares to take on the Bellarmine Knights (0-0, 0-0 ASUN) on Thursday evening on NBC Sports Bay Area.
- The Spartans are coming off a 55-47 loss to Santa Clara in their season opener on Monday.
- Freshman Jyah LoVett had a strong debut, scoring 13 points, pulling down six rebounds and securing four steals to lead the Spartans.
- Freshman Maya Anderson also had a strong start to her collegiate career, scoring nine points off the bench.
- The Spartan defense held the Broncos to 55 points on just 34-percent shooting from the field. The Broncos were held to under 60 points just once during the 2022-23 season.
- Marisa Davis-Jones shot over 60 percent from the field in the season opener on Monday.
- The Spartans went 15-of-17 from the free throw line against the Broncos.
- This is the season opener for Bellarmine.
- The Knights had an overall record of 9-22 last season with a 5-13 record in the ASUN Conference.
- Bellarmine has 11 returning players from the 2022-23 season.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.