HONOLULU – Chevan Cordeiro passed for 215 yards with one touchdown and rushed for 59 yards in his final game as a Spartan as San José State (7-6, 6-2 MW) fell 24-14 to Coastal Carolina (8-5, 5-2 Sun Belt) in the EasyPost Hawai'i Bowl presented by Habbas Law on Saturday night.
- Cordeiro eclipsed the 12,000-yard mark in the second quarter with a five-yard completion to Sam Olson.
- Cordeiro's 35-yard touchdown pass to Olson put him in fourth place alone in Mountain West history with 88, passing Derek Carr.
- Olson led the way in receiving for the Spartans with a new career-high 96 in the game.
- Quali Conley rushed for his ninth touchdown of the season with a 14-yard rush to cut the Coastal Carolina lead to three points with 8:30 left in the game.
- The Spartans rushed for 159 yards in the game. It is their ninth-straight game rushing for 100 yards or more and their seventh-straight game with at least 150 yards rushing.
- Bryun Parham recorded his 100th tackle of the season early in the second quarter.
- The junior linebacker led the Spartans after tying his season high with 12 tackles in the game.
- Kairee Robinson led the way on the ground for the Spartans, rushing for 67 yards on 12 carries.
- Tre Smith was able to get to the Coastal Carolina quarterback in the fourth quarter. He finished the season with a team-high 6.5 sacks.
- The Spartans outgained Coastal Carolina on offense 374-336.
- It's the first time the Spartans have had seven or more wins in back-to-back seasons since 1987 and in three of four seasons since 1982