ARLINGTON, Texas - Six members of the San José State men's soccer team, Jamal Adam, Kasper Poulsgaard, Josh Redfield, Sebastian Ruiz-Hurst, Riccardo Scarafia, and David Sweeney, were named to the 2023 Academic All-WAC Team for fall sports in an announcement by the conference on Thursday afternoon.
- For Redfield and Sweeney, this is their fifth time making a conference all-academic team and is is the second time for Scarafia. For the other two, this is their first all-conference academic honor.
- To qualify for the Academic All-WAC Team, a student-athlete must have played in at least 50 percent of the team's contests when healthy while registering a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- The team does not include freshmen or first-year transfers, they receive recognition at a later date.
- As a team, the Spartans recorded an impressive GPA above 3.0 for the semester.
- On the pitch, they qualified for the WAC Tournament for the seventh consecutive season where they fell in the quarterfinals.