SAN JOSE, Calif. – Marisa Davis-Jones neared a double-double and Sabrina Ma was strong from deep to lead San José State (6-14, 1-7 MW) despite falling short 65-54 to New Mexico (16-6, 7-2 MW) on Wednesday afternoon.
- Davis-Jones finished with nine points and pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds in the contest.
- Davis-Jones's 10 rebounds were also a season high.
- Ma also finished with nine points, knocking down three 3-pointers.
- Maya Anderson and Amhyia Moreland both finished the game with eight points.
- Anderson filled the stat sheet, pulling down five rebounds and dishing out four assists.
- Sofia Kelemeni knocked down a pair of 3-pointers to finish with six points while also pulling down five rebounds and dishing four assists.
- The Spartans were strong on the glass, out-rebounding the Lobos 41-33. They also pulled down 13 off the offensive glass, while holding New Mexico to just four offensive rebounds.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will be back in action at the Provident Credit Union Event Center on Saturday when they host Air Force. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. and will be broadcasted on NBC Sports Bay Area.