COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San José State women's swim and divers Jenna Jagielski, Réka Kovács, and Vilma Lindberg all received Mountain West honors this week after their performance in the Spartans win against Fresno State.
Réka Kovács - MW Swimmer of the Week
- Broke the pool record in the 500-yard freestyle by nearly 3 seconds beating the previous record of 4:59.05 that was swam by Stanford's Morgan Tankersley in 2022.
- Recorded the seventh-fastest 500-yard freestyle in school history with a time of 4:56.61.
- Tallied 18 individual points for the Spartans.
- Had the fastest split on the "B" 200 free relay which was enough to pass Fresno State and secure the win.
Jenna Jagielski - MW Diver of the Week
- Recorded a season-best in the 3-meter dive with a score of 308.18 to take first in the event.
- Finished 19 points ahead of second place in the 3-meter dive.
- Tallied 13 individual points for the Spartans.
- Finished only 3 points behind first place in the 1-meter dive with a score of 266.18.
Vilma Lindberg - MW Freshman of the Week
- Recorded the fourth-fastest 200-yard breaststroke in SJSU history with a time of 2:13.59.
- Swam the fastest SJSU 200-yard breaststroke this season and broke her personal record by about 4 seconds.
- Was 0.12 seconds off her personal best in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:02.73.
- Contributed seven points individually to the Spartans.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.