Emily Ben-Jumbo completed her first season as Assistant Coach during the 2022-23 campaign.
Ben-Jumbo was an assistant coach at Loyola Marymount in 2019-20 and 2020-21 and was the program's Director of Operations in 2018-19. She's also an alum and former student-athlete at Loyola Marymount. During her coaching tenure at LMU, she helped the Lions to their first postseason appearance in 14 years when the team played in the 2019 WNIT. In 2021, she mentored one Lion to all-conference honors, while another received WCC All-Tournament honors, the school's first since 2013.
PREVIOUS COACHING EXPERIENCE
- Loyola Marymount 2018-21
- Played professionally in Luxembourg (2016-17) and Argentina (2017) where she averaged a double-double in both leagues and helped lead her team to the league finals in Argentina
- Durham University in England in 2016 where she played for the women's basketball team that season, which was the top-ranked team in the conference and reached the finals
- Loyola Marymount 2011-2015 and played 119 games in her four-year career, which ranked her among the program's top-10 all-time in games played. Among other accolades, she received All-WCC honorable mention notice as a senior in 2015 and also earned a spot on the WCC's All-Academic team that year. In 2014, she received the WCC's individual sportsmanship award. Ben-Jumbo was team captain beginning as a sophomore
- Graduated from Loyola Marymount in 2015 with a degree in communication
- Ben-Jumbo earned her master's degree in business management and entrepreneurship from Durham University in England in 2016
- Tualatin, Ore.