BOX SCORE (PDF)
SAN JOSÉ, Calif. – Meghan Oberg led San José State (3-8, 0-0 Mountain West) in an 81-51 loss to UC Santa Barbara (6-3, 0-0 Big West) inside the Provident Credit Union Event Center on Tuesday evening. Oberg scored 14 points and added four rebounds.
The San José State women hosted the early shift of a double header. The Spartan men squared off against Santa Clara following the contest.
- Sophia Jones scored a career-high five points in her second game back in action
- Ella Ogier tied a career-high in steals (5)
- Cydni Lewis led the Spartans on the glass with nine rebounds
- SJSU grabbed 13 offensive rebounds
- The Spartans held UCSB to 14.3 percent from 3 in the first quarter
- UCSB shot 54 percent in the second period, closing out the final six minutes on a 12-2 run
San José State kicks off conference action at New Mexico on December 28 at 1 p.m. (PST).
The Spartans return to the Event Center to host Nevada at 4:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve (Friday, December 31) and kids 12 and under get a complimentary ticket. Tickets can be purchased here.
New COVID Entry Policy:
- All personnel with a SJSU Tower ID (students, staff and faculty) will only have to show Tower ID and ticket for entry
- Tower ID holders are within the SJSU Covid protocols
- Those without a Tower ID will be required to show proof of vaccination with their card, a photo on their phone or QR code
- Fans that are not vaccinated will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test (Age 3 and up)
- For Antigen tests, negative result of COVID test must be within 24 hours
- For PCR tests, negative result of COVID test must be within 48 hours
- The antigen test can include a take-home test, sold at Walgreens, CVS and other pharmacies
- Fans are required to wear masks indoors at all times unless actively eating or drinking
Follow along with the Spartans women's basketball program all season on social media for news, player highlights, game information and more: @SanJoseStateWBB on Twitter and @sjsuwbb on Instagram