SAN JOSE, Calif. - The third episode of The Charge, San José State's All-Access Show, will air on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. PT on NBC Sports Bay Area. The show will feature an inspiring story of gymnast graduate student Mercedez Sanchez and her difficult journey to SJSU, men's water polo three-time All-American Yahav Fire and his service in the Israeli Army, the defending Mountain West champion women's tennis team and women's basketball player Sophia Jones and her dream of following in her Dad's footsteps, Mark Jones, ABC/ESPN sportscaster and broadcaster for the Sacramento Kings.
Season 1, Episode 3
- First segment: Mercedez Sanchez shares her tough journey to San José State after spending her first four years at UCLA
- Second segment: Men's Water Polo finished inside the top 10 for the first time since the 1970s and three-time All-American goalkeeper Yahav Fire completed his best season
- Third segment: Women's Tennis won its second Mountain West championship over the last five seasons and looks to internationals to help defend their title
- Fourth segment: Women's Basketball point guard Sophia Jones dreams of calling NBA/WNBA games when she graduates, just like her father Mark Jones
- Re-airs throughout February will be on NBC Sports California on Feb. 17 (6:30 p.m.), Feb. 22 (3:30 a.m.), Feb. 24 (4 a.m.), Feb. 26 (5 p.m.) and Feb. 27 (12:30 a.m.)