SAN MARCOS, Calif.— Sophie Liao, Christopher Coats, Cameron Tarver, Osayi Omorodion and Demaris Waters won their races and led San José State to a dominant performance at the Mangrum Invitational hosted by Cal State San Marcos.
- Sophie Liao took first place in both the Women's 100m and 200m Dash with times of 11.64 and 24.21 seconds respectively. Her mark in the 100m was 0.06 seconds off the all-time school record of 11.58 set by Gabby Spencer in 2022
- Freshman Christopher Coats won the Men's 200m Dash with a time of 21.09 seconds.
- Cameron Tarver won the Men's 100m Dash with a time of 10.55 seconds. He and fellow freshman Coats anchored the men's relay squads to two more wins, first winning alongside Roland Hammork and Jalen Adams in the 4x100m Relay with a mark of 40.39 seconds, and again joined by Zaire Waring and Harry Overstreet in the 4x400m Relay to the tune of 3:14.16 seconds
- Osayi Omorodion took first in the Women's 100m Hurdles with a time of 13.84 seconds. Her mark was less than half a second off the all-time school record of 13.47 seconds, set by Brittany Brown in 2017
- Freshman Demaris Waters took first place in the Men's 110m Hurdles with a time of 14.04 seconds. It was his first race win since winning a MW title in the 60m Hurdles at the Mountain West Championships
- Sharli'e McCuller, Gabby Spencer, Kaylen Fletcher and Alyssa Bean combined to run a 45.41 second race in the Women's 4x100m Relay for a first place finish
- In the Women's 4x400m Relay, Bean and Fletcher were joined by Sarah Mosteller and Aliyah Williams for a race-winning time of 3:44.33 seconds
UP NEXT: SJSU moves on to the final day of the Aztec Invitational hosted by San Diego State.