THAT'S A WRAP ON A WILD DAY??— SJSU Track & Field/Cross Country (@SanJoseStTFXC) April 1, 2023
Coach Charles Ryan (@CWRyanIII) gives a recap on the West Coast Relays after his team won all over California while also competing at the Stanford Invitational and the Mike Fanelli Track Classic??#AllSpartans pic.twitter.com/pGvE0aqJVW
MIKE FANELLI RESULTS | WEST COAST RELAYS RESULTS | STANFORD INVITATIONAL RESULTS
SAN JOSE, Calif.— Freshmen Jeremiah Walker, Demaris Waters and Aliyah Williams led San José State into a tripleheader that saw the team scattered across the Golden State at three separate meets. The distance team travelled to San Francisco for the second day of the Mike Fanelli Track Classic, the sprints and hurdles squad trekked to Fresno State for Day Two of the West Coast Relays while all of the field athletes took the 20-minute drive over to Palo Alto, Calif. for the first day of the Stanford Invitational.
- Freshman Walker won the Men's 200m Dash at the West Coast Relays by submitting a mark of 20.65 seconds. Fellow freshman Cameron Tarver joined Walker on the podium in third place, finishing in 20.84 seconds. Walker also finished third in the Men's 100m Dash with a time of 10.45 seconds
- Freshman Waters took first place in the Men's 110m Hurdles with a time of 13.91 seconds at the West Coast Relays. The mark is the fifth-fastest 110m Hurdle time in school history
- Freshman Williams took first in the Women's 800m Run at the West Coast Relays with a time of 2:13.82 seconds
- At the Stanford Invitational, Fabio Hessling took first place in the Men's Hammer Throw with a toss measuring in at 57.40m (188'4")
- Osayi Omorodion took second place in the Women's 100m Hurdles with a time of 13.96 seconds at the West Coast Relays. This comes after she won the Women's 100m Hurdles last time out at the Mangrum Invitational by submitting a 13.84-second time
- Freshman Christopher Coats finished second in the Men's 400m Dash in 47.23 seconds at the West Coast Relays
- Freshman Sharli'e McCuller finished in second place in the Women's 100m Dash by submitting an 11.72-second mark, the sixth-fastest time in school history. She also took second place in the Women's 200m Dash with a time of 23.99 seconds, both at the West Coast Relays
- Alyssa Bean, Sophie Liao, Sharli'e McCuller and Kaylen Fletcher joined forces to win the Women's 4x100m Relay at the West Coast Relays with a time of 45.35 seconds. The mark is the third-fastest relay time in school history
- Lina Schubert finished third in the Women's High Jump at the Stanford Invitational by jumping a height of 1.73m (5'8")
UP NEXT: The Spartans continue on to the final day of competition at the Stanford Invitational and the Mike Fanelli Track Classic on Saturday, April 1.