COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San José State's Nick Nash was named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, announced by the league office on Monday. Nash, a redshirt junior wide receiver from Irvine, Calif, had career-highs with three touchdown catches, six catches overall and 89 yards receiving in the Spartans game against No. 6 USC on Saturday night.
Last season, the Spartans had four player of the week honors and this is the first one for Nash.
- Had the No. 2 play on SportsCenter against No. 6 USC (link)
- Has a career 17 catches for 191 yards and four touchdowns
- His three touchdown receptions ties a single-game SJSU record
- He is the second wide receiver at SJSU under Chevan Cordeiro to have three touchdowns in game (Elijah Cooks, 11/19/22)
- Played in five games for SJSU in 2022
- Season-high four receptions for 51 yards and first-career touchdown reception vs. Eastern Michigan in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (12/20/22)
NEXT GAME: The Spartans host No. 18 Oregon State on Sunday, Sept. 3, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. and it can be seen on CBS and heard on KTRB presented by WEBCOR. Click here to purchase tickets as the new Spartan Athletics Center makes its game day debut.