SAN JOSE, Calif. - Bente Pernot made six saves to lead the San José State women's soccer team (2-3-3, 0-0-0 Mountain West) in a shutout 0-0 draw against California Baptist (5-1-2, 0-0-0 WAC) on Thursday night.
- The Spartans secured their second shutout in a row as they entered the match coming off a 4-0 win over Southern Utah on Sunday afternoon.
- The shutout was Pernot's 10th of her career which moved her into a tie with Nina Butera (2007-09) for fourth all-time for most career clean sheets by a Spartan goalkeeper.
- The six saves brought her career total to 113, the ninth-most career saves by a Spartan goalkeeper.
- Every member of the Spartans' backline, Carly Burns, Kayla Fortenberry, Evan House, and Kiana Miyazato, played all 90 minutes, as did Tatiana Cunningham.
- Taylor Phillips led the Spartans with three shots total while Sabrina Weinman had a match-high two shots on goal.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will begin Mountain West conference play at home against New Mexico on Thursday, Sept. 21. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Watch the contest on the Mountain West Network or purchase tickets here.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.