SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.—Three Spartans recorded double-digit kills, led by Blaire Fleming with 21, as the San José State volleyball team recorded its ninth win of the season with a 3-2 victory over UTRGV early Saturday afternoon in the team’s final match at the USF Challenge.
- Fleming recorded her second match with 20 or more kills this season. She added eight digs, two aces and two blocks in the win.
- Letizia Cammillucci added 12 kills and 10 digs in the win, her second double-double of the season. She had four blocks and assists in the match.
- Brooke Bryant had 10 kills for the Spartans, her second double-digit kills match in the past four. She had a career-best eight digs to go with two blocks and two aces.
- Freshman Mari Lawton hit .875 in the match with seven kills on eight attempts and no hitting errors. She also contributed to three blocks for SJSU.
- Jiana Lawson again led the team in blocking with nine block assists.
- Alessia Buffagni had a team-best 20 digs, her third match this season with 20 or more digs.
- San José State had 12.0 blocks in the match, the third time this season with double-digit blocks.
- The Spartans finish the non-conference portion of the schedule with a 9-4 record.
San José State 3, UTRGV 2 (25-18, 17-24, 20-25, 25-20, 15-12)
Records – San José State 9-4; UTRGV 6-7.
UP NEXT – The Spartans start Mountain West play with two road matches next week – at UNLV on Thursday the 21st at 6 p.m., and at San Diego State on the 23rd at 1 p.m.