BREMERTON, Wash. – Carl Corpus shot a 142 (-2) after 36 holes to lead San José State in the first day of the Husky Invitational at the Gold Mountain Golf Club on Monday. The Spartans shot 290 as a team in both the first and second rounds for a total of 580 (+4) and sit in ninth place out of the 14 teams.
- Caleb Shetler finished the day with a 146 (+2) and finished tied for 42nd in the team competition.
- Zubair Firdaus shot a 147 (+3) to finished tied for 52nd.
- On the individual side, Ivan Barahona had the best overall score for the Spartans with a 138 (-6), which is good for tie for sixth.
- Avinash Ayer shot a 143 (-1) while Keshav Mungali and Itai Cohen both shot a 144 (E) in the individual competition.
- Overall play was suspended during the second round, which will be finished on Tuesday morning ahead of the final round.
UP NEXT: The final round of the two-day event is on Tuesday and pairings can be found here.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.