LODI, Calif. – Amelio Chio finished inside the top 10 to lead the men's side for San José State on Friday at the Pacific Collegiate Invite, as the men finished in fourth place overall and the women took ninth place.
- Chio finished seventh overall and second among attached runners with an 8k time of 24.48.2, his first ever sub-25 minute race.
- Amanda Chalburg led the way for the women, finishing 21st with a 22:27.3.
- Constance O'Neal finished with a new personal best on the women's side with a 22:36.5, finishing 24th overall.
- Christopher Malone had his best time of the season, finishing 21st among attached runners with a 26:08.6.
- Michael Chadwick and Ken Belt finished 26th and 27th, respectively at 26:15.9 and 26:17.5.
- Alexander Walker rounded out the scoring for SJSU with a 38th-place finish at 26:31.6.
- Caitlin Chea had a strong meet, finishing 38th at 23:09.6.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will be back in action on October 6 when they compete in the SF Invitational in San Francisco.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.