BUIES CREEK, N.C.—Blaire Fleming led the Spartans Saturday with 19 kills, while Jiana Lawson had six blocks as the San José State volleyball team defeated UTSA 3-1 (25-23, 25-21, 16-25, 25-19) in the team’s final match of the Campbell Invitational.
- Fleming was the only Spartan with double-digit kills and hit .278 for the match.
- She added four block assists and three digs.
- Lawson had one solo block and five block assists to lead the team.
- She hit .385 for the match with seven kills on 13 attempts and only two errors.
- Alessia Buffagni again anchored the defense with 22 digs, her second 20+-dig match of the weekend. She also had four assists and two aces in the win.
- Nayeli Ti’a added nine kills and 11 digs and led SJSU with three aces.
- Brooke Bryant had seven kills, while Letizia Cammillucci had six kills and two blocks.
- Teya Nguyen led the Spartan setting duo with 23 assists and seven digs, while Brooke Slusser had 19 assists and seven digs.
UP NEXT – San José State returns to the Bay Area for four non-conference matches next week. The team plays at Saint Mary’s on Tuesday, September 12, followed by three matches at the USF Challenge in San Francisco. The team plays host USF on Thursday, CSUN on Friday and UTRGV on Saturday.