SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San José State women's soccer team (3-5-6, 1-2-3 MW) will take on the Boise State Broncos (6-2-6, 4-1-1 MW) and the Utah State Aggies (7-7-1, 4-2-0 MW) in Mountain West conference play this week. The Spartans are just two points back of the coveted sixth spot in the conference standings; the top six in the Mountain West qualify for the Mountain West Championship. SJSU will take on Boise State on Thursday at 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT and Utah State on Sunday at 12 p.m. MT/11 a.m. PT. Both matches can be viewed on the Mountain West Network.
LAST WEEK IN REVIEW
- The Spartans fell 1-0 to Wyoming and drew 4-4 to Colorado State last week.
- Bente Pernot led the Spartans in the loss, making three saves.
- In the high-scoring 4-4 draw, Sabrina Weinman dished out two assists while Taylor Phillips, Kennedy Mayo, Tiana Cello and Iliana Jasso were the goal scorers.
WHERE THE SPARTANS RANK
Overall Season (14 matches)
- The Spartans have scored 20 goals which is tied for the third-most in the conference.
- They have recorded the fourth-most shutouts in the conference with four.
- Bella Flocchini has scored the fourth-most goals in the conference with six.
- SJSU has the fifth-best attendance average in the conference, averaging 554 fans per home match.
Conference Matches Only (6 matches)
- The Spartans have scored the third-most goals in conference play with 10.
- They have also produced the second-most assists with 10.
- Weinman and Mayo are each tied for seventh in points with six each.
- With 10 career shutouts, Pernot is tied with Nina Butera (2007-09) for fourth in Spartans' history for most career clean sheets. The all-time leader is the Spartans' current assistant coach, Paige Simoneau.
- SJSU career leaders in shutouts:
- 1. 21 Paige Simoneau (2015-18)
- 2. 16 Zoe Makrigiannis (2012-15)
- 3. 11 Amee Brown (1996-99)
- 4. 10 Nina Butera (2007-09)
- 10 Bente Pernot (2022-present)
- With 135 career saves, Pernot has recorded the ninth-most career stops by a Spartans' goalkeeper. She needs to get to 156 career saves to tie Eryn Meyer (2000-02) for eighth.
VS. BOISE STATE
- The Boise State Broncos are in second place in the Mountain West with a 4-1-1 conference record.
- They are coming off a 1-0 loss to San Diego State and a 2-1 win over New Mexico last week.
- The Spartans have a 10-10-5 all-time record against the Broncos.
- In 2022, the Spartans defeated the Broncos 1-0 with Cynthia Flores netting the match-winning goal and Pernot making two saves to earn the shutout.
VS. UTAH STATE
- The Utah State Aggies are in third place in the Mountain West with a 4-2-0 conference record.
- They are coming off a 2-0 win over New Mexico and 2-1 loss to San Diego State last week.
- The Spartans have a 5-8-3 all-time record against the Aggies.
- In 2022, the Spartans won 2-1 over the Aggies with Weinman and Flocchini scoring the Spartans' goals.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.