SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San José State women's soccer team (3-7-6, 1-4-3 MW) will host two matches this week at the Spartan Soccer Complex. On Thursday, the Spartans will play Colorado College (2-12-1, 2-6-0 MW) on Breast Cancer Awareness Night at 7 p.m. on the Mountain West Network. On Sunday, they will host Air Force (5-8-2, 2-4-2 MW) on Senior Day at 12 p.m. on NBC Sports Bay Area. Greg Mroz will call the match on Thursday while Nick Nollenberger and Brandi Chastain will be on the call for Senior Day. Prior to Sunday's match, graduating seniors Jennah Loggins, Kiana Miyazato, Phoebe Rapoza, Sarah Santos and Sabrina Weinman will be recognized. Tickets for both matches can be purchased here, youth 12 and under get in free on Sunday.
LAST WEEK IN REVIEW
- The Spartans fell 1-0 to Boise State and 3-0 to Utah State on the road last week.
- Bente Pernot made 17 saves across the two games, recording eight against Boise State and nine versus Utah State.
- Weinman led the Spartans in shots with one in the first match and three in the second.
WHERE THE SPARTANS RANK
- With six points in conference play, the Spartans are three points back of the coveted sixth seed which would ensure qualification for the Mountain West Championship.
- The Spartans are second in the conference in saves with 90 and Pernot is second individually with 79.
- The Spartans have the fifth-best attendance average in the conference, drawing 554 fans per home contest.
- Bella Flocchini ranks fifth in the conference in both points and goals with fifteen and six respectively.
- Taylor Phillips has scored the sixth-most goals with five.
- With 10 career shutouts, Pernot is tied with Nina Butera (2007-09) for fourth in Spartans' history for most career clean sheets. The all-time leader is the Spartans' current assistant coach, Paige Simoneau.
- SJSU career leaders in shutouts:
- 1. 21 Paige Simoneau (2015-18)
- 2. 16 Zoe Makrigiannis (2012-15)
- 3. 11 Amee Brown (1996-99)
- 4. 10 Nina Butera (2007-09)
- 10 Bente Pernot (2022-present)
- With 153 career saves, Pernot has recorded the ninth-most career stops by a Spartans' goalkeeper. She is three saves away from tying Eryn Meyer (2000-02) for eighth.
- Phillips has recorded the fifth-most match-winning goals in SJSU history with five.
VS. COLORADO COLLEGE
- With six points in conference play, the Colorado College Tigers are tied with the Spartans in the Mountain West standings.
- The Tigers have lost three straight matches, most recently falling 5-0 to Wyoming on Sunday.
- In 2022, the Spartans won 1-0 both times they played against the Tigers, with one matchup taking place in the regular season and the other occuring in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Championship. Tiana Cello and Phillips scored the goals; Cello's was featured on ESPN as part of SCTop10.
- The Spartans have an 8-0-1 all-time record against the Tigers.
VS. AIR FORCE
- With seven points in conference play, the Air Force Falcons sit one spot above the Spartans in the Mountain West standings.
- The Falcons are coming off a 1-0 loss to Colorado State on Sunday and they will play the Fresno State Bulldogs on Thursday before heading to San Jose on the weekend.
- In 2022, Pernot earned her first career shutout when the Spartans played to a 0-0 draw against the Falcons.
- The Spartans have an 8-2-2 all-time record against the Falcons.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.