SAN JOSE, Calif.—Nayeli Ti’a and Letizia Cammillucci each recorded double-doubles Thursday night as the San José State volleyball team fell to New Mexico, 3-1, in a Mountain West match inside Spartan Gym.
- Ti’a led the Spartans with 18 kills and added 13 digs for her third double-double of the season. She also tied her season-high with five block assists.
- Cammillucci recorded her fourth double-double of the season and seventh of her career with 13 kills and 13 digs.
- Brooke Bryant was the third Spartan with double-digit kills with 13 and hit .265 for the match.
- Mari Lawton led the Spartan blocking attack with seven, one solo and six assists.
- Jiana Lawson added seven kills and four blocks, one solo and three assists.
- Alessia Buffagni recorded a career-best 27 digs. She is the seventh person in school history to record 27 digs in a match, just the eighth time it has happened.
- Cammillucci and Brooke Slusser each had three aces in the match.
- Slusser had 23 assists and nine digs, while Teya Nguyen added 21 assists and seven digs.
- The Spartans won the second set 26-24, breaking a 13-set losing streak this month.
UP NEXT – The Spartans travel to Air Force for a match this Saturday beginning at 1 p.m. MT/12 p.m. PT. The match will be shown on the Mountain West Network and on the Mountain West App.
New Mexico def. San José State 3-1 (25-23, 24-26, 26-24, 25-20).
Records – New Mexico 15-6, 7-3; San José State 11-11, 2-7.